Frequently Asked Questions
Is Lucky Dog Resort a good fit for my Dog?
It’s our highest goal to be THE BEST FIT for YOUR DOG, so we’ve created options based on who they are:
- The Social Option Lucky Dog Offers Daycare and Boarding for Dogs who are capable of safely socializing with other Dogs. Dogs who are “social” will prefer to stay in the Lucky Dog House for overnight boarding. The house is designed as a home away from home where Dogs relax, play and sleep with other dogs. Lucky Dog Staff are with them 24/7 and will even sleep with your dog if they request it! Dogs who participate in our social model of care must be spayed/neutered unless under 6 months old.
- The Private Option Some Dogs just need their own Suite, and we honor them by providing beautiful rooms, complete with chandeliers, artwork, tempered glass doors, temperature control, air filtration and UV technology for the highest level of cleanliness and safety. Our Suites are the best fit for unaltered (not spayed/neutered) Dogs, as well as those who do not enjoy the company of other Dogs.
We’re happy to discuss your Dog’s temperament and history with you prior to booking, so we can all make the best decision for YOUR DOG!
What are your hours?
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturdays 8 AM – 5 PM
Sundays 9 AM – 4 PM
When can I drop off and pick-up my Dog?
*PLEASE NOTE, ALL BOARDING DOGS MUST BE DROPPED-OFF NO LATER THAN 3 PM.
Monday through Friday
7 AM to 9 AM
12 PM to 1 PM
*3 PM to 6 PM
8 AM to 10 AM
12 PM to 1 PM
*3 PM to 5 PM
9 AM to 12 PM
2 PM to *4 PM
Please make note of the following protocols:
ALL BOARDING DOGS MUST BE DROPPED-OFF NO LATER THAN 3 PM
RESORT CHECKOUT TIME FOR BOARDING GUESTS IS 12 PM. We are happy to care for your Dog after noon. A “Daycare” fee of $33 will be added to your invoice
SAME DAY BOARDING BOOKINGS WILL HAVE A $50 “RUSH” FEE ADDED TO YOUR INVOICE
DAYCARE BOOKINGS REQUIRE A RESERVATION 24 HOURS PRIOR
PICKUPS AND DROP-OFFS OUTSIDE DESIGNATED TIMES WILL INCUR A FEE:
These protocols help ensure adequate staffing and (if applicable) time to safely introduce your Dog to the existing Guests. There are no exceptions so we kindly ask you to plan ahead.
Drop-offs and Pick-Ups times for Daycare and Boarding are treated as appointments and must be reserved within designated times (noted above and throughout our website). Any changes must be conveyed ahead of time, via an amendment to your online booking, or by calling us at
401-835-0680. Amendments must be within designated drop-off and pickup times.
We appreciate your help in keeping our guests happy and safe by always honoring your appointment times.
Meet and Greet
If your Dog is coming to board and you’re close enough to come for a visit, Lucky Dog recommends scheduling a “Meet and Greet” prior to their stay.
Meet and Greets are one hour, drop-off appointments designed to allow your dog to explore, meet the staff, and get a feel for what his/her visit with us will be like. After the hour is up, we invite you to tour the Resort and ask any questions you may have. If your Dog has a history of good interactions with dogs outside the home (Previous Daycare/Boarding, Walks, Playgroups), the Meet and Greet is not necessary, but is still a great way for everyone to get comfortable prior to their first “real” visit.
Please call us to schedule your Dog’s appointment once you’ve uploaded his/her vaccinations and fecal screening results.
Does my Dog need to be spayed/neutered to stay at Lucky Dog Resort?
- If your Dog will be boarding with us overnight in our Social Model of Care, (the Lucky Dog House) and is over 6 months of age, he/she must be neutered/spayed.
- If your Dog will be boarding with us overnight in his/her own Luxury Suite, we do not require him/her to be (neutered/spayed).
- If your Dog will be attending Daycare, and is over 6 months of age, he/she must be neutered/spayed.
What should I bring for my Dog’s stay?
Food: Please bring enough of your Dog’s food for his entire stay. More is always better, just in case your dog’s stay is extended.
Your Dog’s Personal Items: You are welcome to bring his/her blanket/bed if easily washable in our washing machine. We request you provide a coat or jacket during the winter months. All items must be machine washable (in case of accidents or muddy play). Please do not bring toys, bowls or any treats or bones that will take your dog time to eat. Dogs staying in the Lucky Dog House are together at all times so we do not allow items that could provoke possessive behaviors. Dogs staying in Suites may bring their favorite toy, as long as there is no chance they can chew on it and choke on any part of it.
Lucky Dog is not responsible for any personal property brought with your dog.
Medications: must be in their original prescription container(s), and clearly labeled with your dog’s name, dosage, and administration directions.
Leash and Collar with Identification Tags: (please include rabies tag if possible). All collars are removed upon entry to the facility, to help promote safety during dog interactions.
YOUR DOG MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON LUCKY DOG RESORT PROPERTY. Since Lucky Dog Resort is located on State Highway RI-138, a busy thoroughfare, it is our policy to have all dogs leashed upon entry and exit. We ask you to please use sound judgement to help us keep your furry family member safe.
What if my Dog sleeps in a crate at home and I’d like to maintain this practice while at Lucky Dog?
If your dog sleeps in a crate at home, please let us know. We are happy to provide a crate for him/her so they can sleep near the rest of their friends.
What are your medical requirements?
- Dogs must be spayed/neutered after 6 months of age (if participating in Daycare or Social Boarding.
- Dogs must have their Vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper, Parvo, Bordetella) AND their Fecal Screening RESULTS (negative for intestinal parasites) uploaded onto their online profile no later than 24 hours prior to their arrival. Please obtain from your Veterinarian via email, then upload all documents directly to your dog’s profile. Please avoid having your Veterinarian email us any documents. Please do not text us any documents.
Our online system is designed to house all of your Dog’s information and we kindly request your help in obtaining and uploading the documents in a timely manner, but no later than 24 hours prior to your Dog’s visit. Thank you!
My dog recently had an illness, infection or procedure. Can he stay at Lucky Dog Resort?
Please call or email us to discuss whether Lucky Dog Resort’s atmosphere is appropriate for your dog’s specific situation. Dogs must have a clean bill of health from their veterinarian post illness, infection or procedure.
My dog has special needs? Can she stay at Lucky Dog Resort?
Please call or email us to discuss whether Lucky Dog Resort is the right for him/her.
My dog is on medication. Will you administer?
We are happy to administer your Dog’s oral or topical medication. Please note, there is a $10 administration fee per stay. Please make sure medications are in their original prescription bottle, clearly labeled with your dog’s name, dosage, and administration directions.
What’s your cancellation policy?
Standard bookings (excluding ‘Prime Bookings’) require a 50% deposit and cancellations must be made at least 3 days before the reserved drop-off date in order for your deposit to be eligible for a refund.
Prime Bookings, (any reservations occurring within one week before or after Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve/Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day) require payment in full at the time of reservation. Prime Booking Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the reserved drop-off date in order for your reservation to be eligible for a refund. *Please note, gift certificates are not applicable to Prime Bookings.