Policies & FAQ
Reservations, Booking, Cancellation and Refund Policies:
Prime/Holiday reservations are any reservations occurring within one week before or after New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Junior Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Prime bookings require payment in full at time of reservation and cancellations must be made at least 30 business days prior to the reserved drop-off date in order for you to be eligible for a refund.
Standard bookings are any reservations NOT occurring within one week before or after New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Junior Day, Presidents Day, Easter Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day. Standard bookings require a 50% deposit at time of booking and cancellations must be made at least 7 business days before the reserved drop-off date in order for your deposit to be eligible for a refund.
There is a $25 Prime Holiday Charge applied for each holiday and the days that immediately precede or follow the holiday, that falls within your dog’s stay. Prime/Holiday reservations are any reservations occurring within one week before or after New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Junior Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Any reservations made under the required cancellation notification time (at least 7 business days before the start of your Dog's non-Prime/Holiday reservation and at least 30 business days before the start of your Dog's Prime/Holiday reservation) will be charged for the entirety of the invoice at time of booking and non-refundable.
Welcome Orientations are paid in full at time of booking and nonrefundable, as we reserve this appointment specifically for your Dog.
It is the Client's responsibility to provide all medical documentation in a timely manner (48+ hours before arrival). Refunds will not be issued in instances where a medical requirement has not been satisfied at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of your Dog's reservation.
Training Reservations must be paid in full at time of booking and reschedules and cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before your Reservation in order to be eligible for a refund. Scheduled sessions not rescheduled with confirmation from Lucky Dog at least 48 hours before your appointment will incur the full cost of the booking.
Wedding Valet Reservations must be paid in full for the first two hours at time of booking and must be canceled at least 90 days in advance of your reserved Wedding Valet date in order to receive a refund.
*Deposits are non-transferable and cannot be used as credit towards other bookings or packages. Refunds will be issued in the method which the deposit was made.
Lucky Dog Resort requires all dogs entering the facility to be current and have provided proof of the following Vaccinations:
We strongly recommend you consider vaccinating your dog against Canine Influenza (both strains H3N2 and H3N8).
Vaccinations must be uploaded to your dog’s online profile on our website no later than 48 hours prior to their arrival. Your Reservation is not confirmed until we have received and reviewed your dog’s Vaccinations and Intestinal Parasite (fecal) Screening Results. Once received and reviewed, we will contact you if we have questions or send your confirmation via email
Intestinal Parasite (fecal) Screening Policy:
Lucky Dog Resort requires all dogs entering the facility to be current and have documented proof of an Intestinal Parasite screening, aka a fecal test, (with negative results), dated no earlier than 4 months before your departure date at Lucky Dog Resort. The RESULTS of the Intestinal Parasite Screening must be uploaded to your Dog’s profile page on the Lucky Dog Resort website. The screening must be specifically for Giardia and the worms.
An Intestinal Parasite Screening test is recommended by the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) and AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) at least annually in all healthy dogs to screen for intestinal parasites including but not limited to Giardia, Hook Worm, Whip Worm, and Round Worm. Dogs who attend any of our programs on a regular basis must be tested every 4 months. This helps us to maintain a healthy, parasite-free environment.
Dog Behavior & Incidents
Lucky Dog Resort Staff are trained by professionals on Dog Behavior, Breed Traits, Stages of Life (including developmental) Safe Group Play, and Fight Prevention and Mitigation. We are committed to providing the safest possible environment for your Dog and all of our Guests. Dogs are animals and even in the most controlled and well-supervised environments, they may engage in inappropriate animal behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, rough playing, nipping, aggression, and dog bites.
Lucky Dog Resort Staff closely monitor Dog socialization and play to prevent injury; however, it is possible that your Dog may receive nicks, scratches or bites from other Dogs while engaging in social activities. We are trained and prepared to handle these situations and make our number one priority preventing them from happening in the first place. If and when an incident occurs, we will notify you immediately, apply first aid if necessary and determine next steps. Dogs are thinking, feeling creatures and have their own motivations. Socializing with other Dogs always carries an element of risk. Please consider this prior to deciding if Daycare or Social Boarding is right for your Dog.
Health & Safety
Dogs with contagious diseases or parasites are not allowed at Lucky Dog Resort. We are happy to provide care for injured Dogs or those with special medical or health needs, but for the safety and health of other Dogs at Lucky Dog Resort, we cannot accommodate Dogs with contagious disease or parasites.
Common diseases or parasites include but are not limited to Bordetella (kennel/canine cough), Conjunctivitis, and Intestinal Parasites/Worms. Symptoms of disease include coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, discharge from the eyes, nose, mouth, and/or visible parasites in the stool. It is not uncommon for Dogs to be asymptomatic and still harbor parasites or infections.
Lucky Dog Resort requires all dogs entering the facility to be current and have documented proof of an Intestinal Parasite screening, aka a fecal test, (with negative results), dated no earlier than 4 months before your Dog’s stay with us. The results of the Intestinal Parasite Screening must be uploaded to your Dog’s profile.
An Intestinal Parasite Screening test is recommended by the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) and AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) at least annually in all healthy Dogs to screen for intestinal parasites including but not limited to Giardia, Hook Worm, Whip Worm, and Round Worm.
In order to maintain a healthy, parasite-free environment, Lucky Dog requires all Dogs to have an Intestinal Parasite Screening no less than every four months (and the test must be within four months of your Dog’s departure date with us).
Dogs who have had a parasitic infection (specific to Dogs) within one month of their visit to Lucky Dog Resort will not be allowed to attend any onsite services until they have been tested at least one-month post-treatment with negative results.
Dogs with other infectious diseases must be treated by their veterinarian and provide to Lucky Dog Resort a written and signed notice (by their veterinarian) the Dog is now healthy and no longer infectious, in order to attend Daycare or Boarding at Lucky Dog Resort.
If a Dog shows signs of disease or parasites while in our care, we will isolate him/her from the other Dogs and the Owner will be asked to collect him/her and bring him to the vet for a check-up, including a Fecal Screening via centrifugation method.
If a Dog arrives at Lucky Dog Resort showing signs of disease or parasites, or if a Dog is being treated for disease or parasites, we will not be able to accommodate them for both their health and safety and that of our other Guests.
As you head back out into the world, we want to ensure your Dog is also ready to join us for Daycare and/or Overnight Stays.
Dogs like routine and being in a familiar environment. When this changes, they can become uncomfortable. We have developed a Readiness Check to help ensure your Dog is comfortable and feels safe and happy to start their Lucky Dog experience, or welcome them back after being away.
The Readiness Check is:
- A 2-hour visit, during which our staff will observe your Dog’s behavior during activities and staff interactions that are typical during Daycare and/or Overnight Stays.
- Readiness Checks are by appointment only, Monday through Saturday
- An opportunity to understand how your Dog is feeling about being away from you, with us, and if applicable, with other Dogs.
- An opportunity to help your Dog feel comfortable and safe at Lucky Dog!
- $35 + tax
- Dogs returning to any of our programs after a 6+ month absence are also required to schedule a Readiness Check
- If you live outside the general Rhode Island area, your Readiness Check can be waived
We will document and share our observations with you utilizing a standard checklist that starts with your arrival for the visit. During the next two hours our Dog Care Professionals will be engaging with your Dog and closely observing their reactions. We will read their body language and willingness to engage with us (and if applicable, other Dogs) to check their level of comfort and happiness.
We highly recommend scheduling your Readiness Check visit 30 days prior to the date you plan to have your Dog come Play/Stay. Some dogs will be ready right away and others may need a few visits to get used to being away from you while they get to know us, or get reacclimated after their time away.
For your dog's happiness, it is important not to rush them.
Welcome Orientations are drop-off appointments scheduled by calling Lucky Dog Resort (or sending us a message through your online Account, under the "Messages" link). You and your Dog must be registered as Clients and have all required medical documentation uploaded to your online account, before scheduling a Welcome Orientation.
Lucky Dog Resort is an APPOINTMENT ONLY facility.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
1. Your requested appointments for your dog’s drop-off and pickup must be kept.
2. "Windows" of time are NOT APPLICABLE. We will do our best to accommodate a change in your appointment time if contacted ahead of time, and if request is during “open” hours. Please note, “open” hours are 6:30 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 4 pm Saturday and Sunday.
3. You likely chose Lucky Dog Resort because our model of care is different. We thank you for that!
We ARE different. Like other professional organizations, we must keep a tight schedule and adhere to our procedures which helps us deliver the truly unique and wonderful experience you and your dog deserve. By keeping your appointment times you are ensured our Staff will be waiting with a smile to welcome you!
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR DOG?
1. Being on time ensures your dog will have a safe and calm introduction to the facility, and if applicable, other Guests. WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
2. Upon departure, your dog will be eager to see you. Being on time will help us prepare him/her for you with limited stress.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR DOG’S CARETAKERS at LUCKY DOG RESORT?
1. Being on time helps us keep a low-stress environment. Dogs are highly attuned to energy and mood. Early/late arrivals or departures create stress for our Team of Caretakers and a chaotic environment for our Guests.
We THANK YOU from the BOTTOM of OUR HEARTS for your timeliness and respect.
Please note, 3 PM is the latest we will accept your Dog for his/her overnight stay drop-off.
We are closed for all visitors, including drop-offs and pickups during the following times, to allow our guests time to rest and have uninterrupted time and attention with their caregivers:
Monday through Friday 9 AM-11 AM, 1 PM- 3 PM
Saturday 10 AM- 3 PM
Checkout time for Boarding
Checkout time for Boarding on departure day is 12 PM. A “Late Checkout” fee of $33 will be added to your Invoice for Reservations and Checkouts past 12 PM.
Flea & Tick Policy
Flea and tick prevention are a requirement for all dogs visiting Lucky Dog Resort Inc. Please note, all collars are removed upon your Dog’s entry into the Resort. This is to promote safe play/interaction and includes continuous administration Flea and Tick Collars, such as Bayer’s Seresto. For your Dog’s health and safety, Lucky Dog Resort is professionally treated for Ticks and Mosquitos during the applicable seasons.
Collars/Harnesses, Jewelry, Clothing, Accessories will be removed upon your Dog’s arrival, to ensure safe play/interaction. We will happily put on your Dog’s sweater or jacket in cool/cold weather.
Liability Release Form
1. I certify that my dog is in good health and has received all required vaccinations, including: canine distemper, parvo virus, hepatitis, parainfluenza, Bordetella, and rabies; that my dog is free from fleas, ticks, heart worms, and all other parasites including but not limited to Giardia, Hook Worm, Whip Worm Tape Worm, Coccidia and Round Worm; and that if my dog is older than six months of age, he or she has been neutered or spayed, if staying or playing in the Lucky Dog Resort Social Model of Care (Daycare Social Club, Lucky Dog Resort House). I agree that I am under a continuing obligation to report to Lucky Dog Resort any sign of illness or infection in my dog.
2. I agree that in the unlikely event that my dog requires emergency veterinary treatment staying, playing or training at Lucky Dog Resort, Lucky Dog Resort, in its sole discretion, will transport my dog to an appropriate veterinary facility for treatment and will immediately attempt to contact me. I assume all financial responsibility for veterinary treatment.
3. Lucky Dog Resort strives to keep a clean and sanitary environment. I understand that even in cleanest environments, infections, diseases, and parasites may be transmitted between animals.
4. I understand and agree that my dog may be placed in a Suite or crate for periods of time during the day and/or night to allow for rest and downtime.
5. I certify that my dog has not injured or shown aggression or threatening behavior to any person, dog, or other animal.
6. I understand that dogs are animals and even in the most controlled and well-supervised environments, they may engage in inappropriate animal behavior. This includes, but is not limited to, rough playing, nipping, aggression, and dog bites. I further understand that although Lucky Dog Resort staff closely monitors dog socialization and play to prevent injury, it is possible that my dog may receive minor nicks and scratches from other dogs. I agree that Lucky Dog Resort may use “corrections” to interrupt and/or stop my dog’s inappropriate behavior. Such corrections include, but are not limited to, the use of spray bottles of water, compressed air canisters cans of coins and bottles of gravel (for sound effects to disengage a dog from a behavior).
7. I agree that in the event that my dog engages in an act of aggression toward another dog or person, Lucky Dog Resort staff may use reasonable physical force to interrupt and stop the aggression. I further agree that I am solely responsible, financially or otherwise, for any harm or damage to other dogs, persons, and/or property arising out of my dog’s behavior.
8. I understand that personal items are not permitted in social boarding nor daycare. Should a personal item be admitted into the Resort, Lucky Dog is not responsible for it nor its condition upon pickup.
9. I understand that there is a deposit or payment in full due upon reservation, and failure to notify Lucky Dog Resort of cancellation within the appropriate time, as described in the policy above, before my reserved drop off date, will result in the forfeiture of my deposit or payment.
10. I understand that payment in full is required at the time of pickup of my dog. If my dog is not picked up on time, I authorize Lucky Dog Resort to take whatever action it deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the continuing care of my dog. I will pay Lucky Dog Resort Inc. the cost of any such continuing care.
11. I understand that Dog Day Care Packages are refundable up to 10 days after purchase and that any unused prepaid Dog Day Care packages will expire 30 days after date of purchase.
12. I agree to allow Lucky Dog Resort to photograph and/or videotape my dog for use in print, publication, and promotion of Lucky Dog Resort. If you do not wish to allow us to photograph and/or videotape your dog, please note your preference in your dog’s online profile questions
Participation: Your dog’s presence and/or participation in any service, paid or unpaid, offered by Lucky Dog Resort on or off Resort property automatically constitutes your binding agreement and consent to the Resort’s Policies and Liabilities Release Forms and Agreements.
Lucky Dog Resort, Inc. reserves the right to deny services at its sole discretion.
Acknowledgment of Risk: I understand that attendance and participation in Lucky Dog Resort dog day care, training, boarding and wedding valet service is not without risk to myself, to my dog(s), and/or to third parties, and/or the dog(s) of third parties. The risks include, but are not limited to, the risk of property damage, personal injury from dog bites, scratches, or other injuries, infectious disease, parasites and death. I agree that my dog’s attendance and participation in any Lucky Dog Resort service is voluntary and was undertaken with my knowledge of the known risks and other risks that may result from my dog’s participation in Lucky Dog Resort services.
Assumption of Risk: I agree that I have been informed of the risks associated with Lucky Dog Resort services, and have assumed the risk of my dog’s attendance and participation in any Lucky Dog service.
Release of Liability: In consideration for my dog’s attendance and participation in any Lucky Dog Resort service, I fully release Lucky Dog Resort from any and all claims and/or liability arising out of my dog’s attendance at, or participation in any/all Lucky Dog Resort services, including all claims for personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Lucky Dog Resort from any and all claims and costs, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to my dog’s attendance at, or participation in, Lucky Dog Resort services, including claims of negligence against Lucky Dog Resort, its employees, officers, agents and/or volunteers.