Visiting Dog & Concierge Services
Visiting our beautiful area and need a day-cation for your furry family member? Have errands to run and need a fun, safe place for your Pup? Lucky Dog Resort happily accepts your furry family member for a day (or two) of play while you RELAX and EXPLORE all that Newport and its surroundings have to offer!
Your Pup must be able to play nicely with our other Guests in order to participate as well as be current with all of the Lucky Dog Resort medical requirements uploaded to their online profile 24 hours prior to their arrival.
Your Pup will enjoy our Lucky Dog Social Club where they will make new friends and have plenty of opportunities to play or just relax. Pups are supervised by our trained professionals at all times.
When your Dog stays with us at Lucky Dog Resort, they have a choice of relaxing accommodations for their comfort. Our Guests can relax on chairs and sofas and sleep in real bedrooms or luxury suites specially designed for a luxury resort feel! We want every guest to feel as relaxed as they do at home!
Lucky Dog is a highly social model of care. In order to maintain the health and safety of all guests, we require the following. Please review all policies and FAQ. Thank you for your understanding.
- All guests must first schedule a Readiness Check to determine if they are ready to come stay/play. As you head back out into the world, we want to ensure your Dog is also ready to join us for Daycare and/or Overnight Stays. Dogs like routine and being in a familiar environment. When this changes, they can become uncomfortable. We have developed a Readiness Check to help ensure your Dog is comfortable and feels safe and happy to start their Lucky Dog experience, or welcome them back after being away. The Readiness Check is:
- a 2-hour visit, during which our staff will observe your Dog’s behavior during activities and staff interactions that are typical during Daycare and/or Overnight Stays
- an opportunity to understand how your Dog is feeling about being away from you, with us, and if applicable, with other Dogs
- an opportunity to help your Dog feel comfortable and safe at Lucky Dog We will document and share our observations with you utilizing a standard checklist that starts with your arrival for the visit. During he next two hours our Dog Care Professionals will be engaging with your Dog and closely observing their reactions. We will read their body language and willingness to engage with us (and if applicable, other Dogs) to check their level of comfort and happiness. We highly recommend scheduling your Readiness Check visit 30 days prior to the date you plan to have your Dog come Play/Stay. Some dogs will be ready right away and others may need a few visits to get used to being away from you while they get to know us, or get reacclimated after their time away. For your dog’s happiness it is important to not rush their return.
- All guests must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Parvo, Distemper, and Bordetella, with documentation uploaded to their profile at the time of reservation.
- All guests must have a fecal screening within four months of their stay or play, with negative results for intestinal parasites (Giardia, Whip Worm, Hook Worm, Round Worm, etc.) with documentation uploaded to their profile at the time of reservation.
- Dogs must be spayed/neutered after 6 months of age in order to participate in our social overnight boarding or daycare options.
- Unaltered dogs over 6 months of age are welcome to board overnight in our beautiful suites.
- Females must not be in estrus (heat).
- Dogs with recent contagious diseases or parasites are not allowed at Lucky Dog Resort.